Did you know that there are over 550 references to joy in scriptures? Join me as I explore joy! I am not an expert by any means, just a sojourner seeking to learn and apply God's Word.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pure Delight!


‘Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm.  He said:  “Who is this that darkens my counsel with word without knowledge?  Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.  Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?  Tell me, if you understand.  Who marked off its dimensions?  Surely you know!  Who stretched a measuring line across it?  On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—while the morning stars sang together and the angels shouted for joy?”’ Job 38:1-6 (NIV)

I love these verses!  How would you like to have God question you?  How humbling!  How scary!  Yet it is amazing that God takes time to communicate with man!  He has given us his written word in the scriptures—I have heard people call it his letter to us.  I love getting letters, especially those that come from someone that cares about me. 

In these verses God gives a glimpse of what happened before the world was.  We get to look into His workshop—He had a plan for our old world from the beginning, just like a master builder—there are dimensions to the universe, He knows the measurements, there is a foundation and a cornerstone.  He has spent time drawing out the plans and He is executing the plan.  The stars sing and the angels shout for joy!  Can you imagine being there?

When our daughter was about 2 and a half years old, we purchased a swing set for her and Dad put it together.  Now Dad has many talents, but building things is not one of them, but he had the directions and a little girl cheering him on to the finish.  With every piece we pulled out of the box, excitement and wiggles reigned.  As the frame took shape, more wiggles and clapping of hands—it could not go up fast enough!  At last after waiting all day, she was able to climb on the glider and swing by herself—such squeals of delight!  This is how I envision the experience of the angels, excitement, wonder, anticipation and pure delight!  “…and the angels shouted for joy!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment