Did you know that there are over 550 references to joy in scriptures? Join me as I explore joy! I am not an expert by any means, just a sojourner seeking to learn and apply God's Word.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Deep Freeze!

As with most of the nation, we are in the deep freeze here.  Coming home I was reminded by our local water company to be sure to leave facets dripping tonight as the temperatures were expected to be at least -15 degrees.  Preparing for bed, I had taken care of the kitchen sink.  I turned on the master bathroom facet and guess what?  No cold water, but we had hot water!  As we were checking to see if there was a break in the pipes, the cold water started running (out of the facet, that is)!  I was so excited that God allowed us to find this potential problem; I also realized that this is an example of joy completing the circle.  I got to see God's blessing (finding the facet before it was totally frozen); then I got to thank Him (that we did not have a big bill for a broken pipe) and then Joy comes (as I give God the glory and share His victory with others).

No comments:

Post a Comment