"For seven days celebrate the Feasts to the Lord your God at the place the Lord will chose. For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands and your joy will be complete." (NIV)
This is talking about the Feast of Tabernacles. The Lord had the Israelites come before Him for various celebrations. This Feast has to do with the provisions God had given to them and to remind them of their journey from Egypt. I am mindful of Thanksgiving in my culture--only we, as a nation, concentrate on God's blessings for one day and those blessings can be lost in the preparations of the day unless I am careful. I must confess that I have fallen into this trap where I am not truly thankful for what God has given to me. I pray for His forgiveness. The Hebrews celebrate for seven days--seven days of preparations could do me in, unless I take steps to simplify the preparations.
A thankful heart is but one step. Focusing on the Lord, His blessings, praising Him and being an expression of thanksgiving to others results in joy in my life. Joy completes the circle. I work--God blesses--I thank--God is glorified through me and to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment